CALL FOR ABSTRACTS, SPECIAL SESSION, BUSINESS SEMINAR
12th International Conference on Urban Health
Dhaka, Bangladesh, May 24-27, 2015
Urban Health for a Sustainable Future:
The Post 2015 Agenda
The International Society for Urban Health and the Bangladesh Urban Health Network present the 12th International Conference on Urban Health to take place in Dhaka, Bangladesh, from May 24-27, 2015. The over-arching theme of the conference is Urban Health for a Sustainable Future: The Post 2015 Agenda. The ISUH invites abstract, Special Session and Business Seminar submissions from researchers, scholars, policymakers, community leaders and others from various disciplines and areas of the world whose work is directly related to health effects of urban environment and urbanization.
Extension of Late Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline- 09 January 2015, 11:59 PM BST
The conference will consist of pre-conference workshops on Systems Approaches to Urban Health and Developing Principles and Curricula for Graduate Education in Urban Health, eight plenary sessions delivered by leading national and global experts, and up to 36 parallel sessions for oral and/or poster presentations, as well as pre-organized special session and business seminar.
Four Thematic Areas
The conference is organized around four thematic areas:
- Addressing socioeconomic and environmental determinants of urban health and health inequities
- Urban health care and public health service provision across the life course
- Measuring, mapping and monitoring urban health
- Strengthening governance for urban health
An additional four cross-cutting themes of particular interest reinforce critical conference goals, and presenters are encouraged to emphasize them when possible in any submission:
- Addressing inequities and health disparities
- Use of metrics to measure the results of intervention
- Use of technology, including IT and social media to enhance both direct services and urban and organizational governance
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Create an account to submit up to two abstracts per principal author.
- Submissions should be a maximum of 300 words including title, background, objectives, method, results and recommendation.
- No modifications can be made once the application has been submitted.
- Abstract must not have been previously published.
- Abstracts should be clear, concise and written in English.
- Include all co-authors and presenting author’s name, institute, country, theme and mode of presentation.
- Provide requested contact information.
Abstracts can be submitted without registration fee payment. Payment is mandatory for all participants, including Oral and Poster Presenters.
If you have any questions regarding your abstract submission, please contact the ICUH 2015 scientific committee or conference secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com